Filing for Divorce in Tigard?
Representation for Your Divorce Matters
At Rose L. Hubbard, our divorce lawyers bring over 35 years of combined experience to the negotiating table and the courtroom. When you need trusted advice, we will give it to you straight, offering counsel with clarity and compassion. With the right representation, you can avoid the ugliness often associated with divorce. Let us help you navigate the process with resilience, preparedness, and a sense of hope.
Why Choose Our Divorce Lawyers?
- Over 35 Years of Collective Experience
- Serving OR & WA, Including Tigard, Lake Oswego & Beaverton
- One-on-One Service at Each Step
- Clear, Honest, and Compassionate Counsel
- Trial-Tested Advocacy to Protect Your Rights
Our attorneys are dedicated to helping clients successfully transition to a new family structure. We are committed to helping you resolve your divorce as speedily and respectfully as possible so that you and your children can move forward to a positive future. We encourage you to find out how our hands-on, personal approach can help you! We handle family law cases in Tigard, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, and surrounding areas.
Understanding the Divorce Process
How long will it take for you to get a divorce? Each case is unique, but depending on the circumstances, you could be looking at a process that lasts anywhere from 30 days to a year or more.
Here is an outline of how an uncontested divorce could proceed:
- Talk with your attorney and file a divorce petition (10 to 14 day process)
- If all terms are agreed on and there are no children, the divorce is finalized approximately in 30 days
- In cases with children, parents must each take a parenting class
In cases where divorcing parties cannot agree, a months-long litigation process can ensue. It is easily possible that your first trial date would be set for six months in the future and your final trial date may be up to a year from filing. A contested divorce is not always avoidable, and our trial-tested divorce lawyers are prepared to skillfully defend your rights throughout the process. Yet, we will work hard to try to get you the right settlement if at all possible, to save you legal costs and precious time so that you can quickly move forward.